Dear readers, we have shifted to our new site at www.ksnaps.sg. All updates, articles and other information will be posted on ksnaps.sg effective 17th April 2011. Do catch us there!

Sunday, January 23, 2011

[Winter Korea Trip 2010/2011] Introduction

 
On 18th of December 2010, I (Ryan) embarked on a much-envied journey to the heart of k-pop, the origins of the hallyu wave that has swept many countries world-wide - South Korea. For 18 memorable days, my travel buddies and I visited numerous places of interest in South Korea during which, we met with many interesting and unique adventures.

Together with me on the trip was Xcalible and Clara. Xcalible couldn’t stay for the whole duration due to work leave-related issues (18 days sure is quite a period of time) while Clara joined me only for the 2nd half for the shopping.


With close to 4,000 images and videos captured during the trip (not all will be used not to worry =P), I will be sharing my wonderful experience through this special 18-part series before ending with useful tips on free and easy planning, travel and other FAQs. I do hope it will be helpful to those planning to travel to korea sometime in future, shedding some light onto what they can expect and do.

As lots of effort was put into the research and planning of the trip since it first came into light in January 2010, as well as for the production of this post-trip series, I do request for it to stay within the Redpincers K-Snaps site unless with granted permission by myself. Alternatively, readers may hot-link directly to this site. Do remember to leave us a comment =)

4 comments:

  1. Hi..my name is Lina..
    I am so happy that i could get to know about your trip..because i am planning to go to Korea this march..
    It will be something i look forward everyday from now on..
    please continue until day 18..!!hehehe..
    and i envy you cause you can spend 18 days there..I will be going for 10 days only.. -.-

    thank you for sharing this and can't wait for the 4th day story..^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lina ^^
    Many thanks for your support =) I do hope your March trip would be a great one! If possible, do share your experience after the trip too =)

    Yep I will be doing the series all the way up to Day 18, not to worry =) I do hope it will help you plan your trip in some way.

    If you have any questions along the way, feel free to ask. I will try my best to answer =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's weird, I posted another comment yesterday, but it didn't showed up..hehe..

    I hope i can share my experience also..
    Just a curiosity, so this trip is all about visiting all the kpop places..? It's so nice..!!
    I hope I can do that, but I am really in a tight budget so maybe we will only explore seoul and nami island.
    And my sister is not really a big fans of Kpop, but she like lee min ho, so, I think there will be also some days that we spent as a fan girl..ahhahha..

    I really can't wait for the 5th day..
    I do hope i can get to know some locals too there..it would be a great experience..
    Thank you and hwaiting until day 18..!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooo i didn't see it too.

    Not all is on Kpop. It is just that I planned to visit all these places which were outside Seoul first before settling down in Seoul.

    Prob when I start to write about my time in Seoul, you might notice that I would have toned down quite a bit on Kpop stuff haha.

    Yep day 5 would be great ^^. Thanks for your support once again ^^.

    ReplyDelete